Colleen Mills Kurson, LMHC
For over ten years I have provided counseling services to individuals and families in community mental health centers and in my private practice. I have been a Clinical Supervisor and Clinic Director as well as an Adjunct Faculty member at Boston University's School of Medicine in the Mental Health Counseling and Behavioral Medicine Graduate Program.
I enjoy working with clients from a Cognitive Behavioral lens to explore how a person's experiences intersect with his/her perspectives about these experiences and how this influences his/her emotional reactions and beliefs. I work to explore what coping skills have already been employed and collaborate to develop additional healthy coping skills.
I have received additional training in:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Children with Depression & Anxiety
- Substance Abuse
- Treating Anger in Adolescents
- Play Therapy
Hours & Availability:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays
- For consultation services please contact me directly to see about current availability
Insurances & Rates:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Any insurance policy that offers out-of-network benefits
- Private Pay
- Rates vary by service. Please contact me directly for more information.